The Ta Dida Da of a Somewhat Depressed Day

I go through life,
'most every day,
Every arking day
Day day day,
And this,
This is what I say
Say say:
"Ta dida da,
Ta dida dae
My name is nobody;
God welcome the new day"
Sounds pretty upbeat,
That I know,
Know
Know
But knowing doesn't matter...
So just go,
Go go...

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
These Ta Dida Da poems remind me of Beatles songs, which, of course, means they're awesome.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Haha, really? That's so cool!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I have grown to live for the Ta Dida Da. :) So pleasant (even when it's of a Somewhat Depressed Day) and so versatile.

You inspired me to read Stargirl. I stayed up all night to read it by candlelight, which I really felt like doing at the time. And it was quite rewarding. I certainly see why you name yourself in her honour. "Every once in a while, someone comes along who is a little more primitive than the rest of us, a little closer to our beginnings, a little more in touch wi... (more »)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

I shall have to write more, then. But I will always write them in trilogies in some way or another, they just seem like they belong in groups of three, no more, no less. 

The best way to read Stargirl, though I have not personally done it before, I'm afraid. The last time I read Stargirl, and Love, Stargirl one after the other I cried the whole way through the first and laughed through the second. Are you a Star Person too, now? :) 

Would it even be relevant now? Ah we... (more »)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

No, (shocked), there can't be a sequel, can there? That would be wonderful, if there was. Am I a Star Person now? When I know such individuals as you and her, I can't help but become a bit of a Star Person myself. But then again, when one looks at the Moon, he or she can't help but become a bit of it. I think, more than anything, I am the witness of Star People, because I look upon them and would never forget them.

I have dreamt the same dream, dear; and sometimes that rainy eveni... (more »)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

Yes, he did, but the dream never really continued beyond that. I couldn't find a coat. 

I'd like to think they are.

Dreams never cease. Sometimes we awake just when we can discern them flying above us, and we think they disappear. But they only return to our being, veiled by our consciousness. They are like the rising and setting of the sun; they never leave us, they only come out of view for a while. So return, you blue and gray; you muted, quiet, and sweet melancholy, to tell the story for a little longer!

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
There are so many dream lands and stories I am sure I've been to many times before. I will return again and again. 

Again and again and again. In an invisible, burning circle, until you are one with the substance of dreaming.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Are you one with?

Hmm. One with a vague idea of how to get there.

Do you ever have recurring dreams?

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Yes, though I am not always certain. It makes me wonder about reincarnation, sometimes. And if I am wandering lost worlds, or bits of them anyway, over and over again.

I like the idea of reincarnation, though perhaps not in the way most people think of it. When I such an idea, I think about God breathing life into and out of the Earth.

Can anybody have access to remnants of lost worlds? Or only some?

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

That is beautiful, could you explain it further?

I think everyone can, as long as they're open to it. 

We were all born of God, yes? (Or of the stars, much the same thing, the way I see it). And the birds? And the fish? And the horses? And the trees? And flowers? We are created out of the earth, we are bodies of dust, yet we carry the breath of God! The breath of life! What is birth but God blowing the Spirit into the body? And what is death but the moment when the Spirit leaves the body and returns to God?

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

Yes. 

What sort of brevity is that, Stargirl?

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I don't know, I guess I'm just feeling brief today, there isn't much to say that hasn't been said already.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I guess what I mean is your God breathing description is beautiful, but I already said that, so I said yes as an agreement, nothing less, much more. 

:) That is just as well. Your brevity is far wiser than my tendency to say too much. I have a horrible habit of wanting an answer to every question, a response to every statement. But when there is little or no answer, there is silence. And in the silence, I must remember some of the deepest answers are found. (slapping my forehead with this realization).