Ta Dida Da of a Time Long Past

Ta dida da
How I wish it was still so
Ta dida da
Why'd you ever have to go?
Ta dida da
I don't really care anymore
Ta dida da
The world's bigger than we think
Ta dida da
Those are now the years of yester-lore
Ta dida da
Ta dida da
Met you at the roller rink
That world's over
This one begins
All without you.

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it. It's like something someone would just be sort of humming under their breath. It's an extraordinarily ordinary poem, and I think that lends it power.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I love that description, le hannon.

Aderes18 said...
What I meant by is that the poem has the rthym of a song and it sounds like it could be a real song. And I actually really like your poem. :)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I know, I hadn't assumed you didn't like it at all, and even if you didn't, I wouldn't mind :) I'm glad you like it, and that it's plausible as a song.

Aderes18 replied...
Can you still try to put it in the               song lyrics category of the poems? 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I don't think so. That's an interesting idea, though.

Aderes18 said...
Could you report the last comment? The one that SMWells wrote? I just find it very rude cause that's certainly what I did not mean and I didn't even get the chance to reply to it!

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I think I'll wait to see how SM replies before I report it, is that okay with you?

Aderes18 replied...
That's cool! :) 

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 11:52 am

Ta dida da.

Ta dida da.

Your mind is a basin of stories and thoughts, and you know how to shape them (as the potter builds his pots).

Ta dida da.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

As I once wrote in a poem that I do not think I posted on here,

"Words chase each other around my head, blabbering, incoherent;
the half-formed heads of fairytale stories, never finished, never ending...

Occasionally, gravity reverses itself, they float up, towards the sunny-blue sky that is the top of my brunette head.
Together, the words solidify, and form stories"

And there you have it, not unlike what you have said.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:52 am

Hmmm, I believe that you articulated it far better than I did, particularly because of the horrible rhyme which I included.

I do not request, I demand that you post the poem, Stargirl. If you do not, I will proceed to weep large, black, raven tears which slide along my feathery features to perch upon the tip of my beak.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

I liked the rhyme, it fits the nonsense of my poem :)

Oh dear, look what I've started. I can't bear to make anyone cry, much less a silent raven. Consider it posted as soon as possible.

Thank goodness!

You cannot imagine anything as saddening as seeing a bird crying.

Aderes18 said...
I can totally tell this is from a song. 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
What exactly do you mean by that?

SMWells replied...
Let me be impertinant enough to answer for her, and say... she obviously is just being abnoxious becuase she doesn't like it.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Actaully, SM, Aderes is an old teenink friend of mine, so it's all okay :) I don't mind someone not liking my poems, everyone has different poems, and I think you're misreading Aderes' comment.

SMWells replied...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:38 am
You are probably write.  But murcy me! I would never talk to a freind like that, or anyone for that matter.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:45 am
What did you think she was trying to say?