The Oyster and the Pig

Ta dida da,
Said the oyster to the pig.
Ta dida da,
You're getting, ahhh... To be precise,
You're getting quite big.
Ta dida da,
The oyster was told by the pig,
I'll fetch a handsome price.
Think I ought to wear a wig,
Or would that be like gambling with a pair of weighted dice?
Ta dida da,
Yo dida dae,
That's what I saw,
The oyster to the pig say.

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 9:13 am
Very nice :) the main thing about nonsense poems that I look for is the flow, because that's the main thing about it since the content is wacky ^_^ anyway, your flow was excellent and have no problems with this. It's whimsical, I like that :)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Thank you, it reminds me very much of Alice in Wonderland :)

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a fun poem. It's like you just wrote down whatever popped intto your head. I like that method.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Yup, that's exactly how I wrote it.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
A little giggle and a little cry out, of mirth, I mean. And this oyster and this pig, all the while, ambling down the dirt road of nonsense and of wonderland, singing their verses together. They are the ones who will find what the others are seeking, that which they touch upon with their rhymes. The wisest angel in the world to hear the echoes of the words, "ta dida da, ta dida da."

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
May my poems always draw that reaction from at least one person, thank you for everything you so thoughtfully say. 

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

I liked your thanks, it reminded me of Emily Dickinson's poem:

"If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain."

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Beautiful, not unlike one of my many-ish life mottos.

Aug. 27, 2011 at 11:31 am
Tell me another one, if you would.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
To never assume, I could never know enough about anyone to fully know what they mean by their actions and the reasons behind them. It is not worth the price. 

So wise of you to hold that as one of your many-ish life mottos. I must start collecting more, myself.

Is Love, Stargirl as good as the first book, I wonder?

Psst. Psst. Sarah Kaufman's art. There you will find answers.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

Collect, and create as many as you wish :)

Just as, if not, possibly, better. 

Where can I find it?

I found you in "The Grey King", Bran. 

Erm. Two ways. (1) Go to sarahkaufmanart.c.o.m or (2) Ask the world and the answer will come. The second option, admittedly, takes longer. I am still waiting for the answer of the identity of Elizabeth West. :) But when it comes (as it always does, eventually), you will know that the world can talk back.

I come in many forms, names, and faces, dear. Tell me what you thought of me in "the Grey King."

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

What beautiful textures and colors! I want to touch and swallow her paintings all at once. 

I can see immediately why you like and suggest her. And it is beautiful of you to mention the second way of finding our about her.

You had a considerable amount of common sense, which I liked very much. Very often book characters are too easily pulled into deceptions and negative feelings, it was not so easy for the darkside to warp you mind and emotions beyond your control. more »)

I had the extraordinary privelege of seeing five of her actual paintings at a folk art festival. It was a pretty crowded place, but I just sat down in front of each painting and fell inside for a series of glorious moments. I could have met her had I come a day earlier or a day later.

Is that right? Sometimes I'm not even familiar to myself. What became of me?

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

That must have been amazing, to see and experience.  (Both you taking the time to actually feel the paintings, and the art in of itself.)

Why? What do you think became of you?

In the Grey King, I mean, what became of me?

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
You helped bring about the fall of a stronghold of the dark.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I was wondering if you had read it, because you were also named B ran in the book.