I Remember...

I remember
the long talks we had,
and even how meaningless they were.
How much we laughed during them.

I can’t help laughing as I remember our words.
But I also can’t help crying,
as I think how much I miss them.
I remember when we used to sing along to our favorite songs together.
when you’d embarrass me in front of my friends.
when you’d called my shoes “sneaks” .
when you’d smile.

You will never know how special you were,
and still are,
to me.

I remember when you took me out into the waves at the beach
and how you told me not to be afraid,
and I wasn’t.

You have taught me so much,
and have inspired me in a such a huge way.
I will miss you forever.

I love you
Mom,
oodles and gaboodles.

SElahi said...
Very heartfealt. I could really feel the emotion, and I wouldn't change anything--it was that good. Keep up the good work, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Ballerinagirl1016This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:22 am

Hey Tink, This is a beautiful poem the emotion is so strong and I am very sorry for the death of your Mother!

You dont seem to do allot of ryhming in your poetry but it still was a nice poem!

Tink1350 replied...
Thanks. This was actually the dirt poem I tried to do without rhyming that much. Thank you for the comment. :)

Behind_Sapphire_Eyes said...

When I read your author's note and then read your poem which overflowed with emotion I couldn't help think of my mom and how much it would hurt to loose her...Tink I'm sorry for your lose, I know nothing I say will make you stop hurting any less. So moving on, I love the pic you choose and your words flowed together effortlessly.  You had no grammatical errors. During the entire poem I could feel so much emotions that it brought tears to my eyes. Great work, Tink. 

Tink1350 replied...
Thanks very much

Alon_Freevoice said...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 6:46 am
I'm sorry for your mother. But believe me when I say she's in a better place, really... :)

writer_girl15 said...
this is so sad! my prayers are with you and your family :)

awayra replied...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 9:31 am
so it is true when they say one becomes a real poet only after feeling the bitterness of a tragedy... please take my condolences, I'm very sorry for your suffering but just think it will make you stronger! keep going!

Tink1350 replied...
thank you both of you. and thank you for your prayers and condolences.

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awww. I want to give you a virtual hug! You really put emotion into this. I'm sure your mother is proud of you for writing this. It's perfect the way it is, like CarrieAnn13. I love the image you portrayed. It's amazing! :)

Tink1350 replied...
thanks. and im glad you liked it.

CarrieAnn13 said...
Aw, this is so sad.  I know nothing will bring your mother back, but you have my condolences.  I have absolutely no criticism for this poem.  The grammar is excellent and you wrote so emotionally I had tears in my eyes.  Good job, Tink1350!

Tink1350 replied...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 8:27 am
Thanks. I had tears in my eyes when i wrote it too. Thhanks for reading my poem. ;)

Zinaidia replied...
Wow....this was amazingly sweet. You have so much talent, and I could feel the emotion in this poem. VERY good job, bravo.