SPread your wings and FLY | Teen Ink

SPread your wings and FLY

By The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas

~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~

Another has come and gone. You’re still not here. I don’t know why, but I still can’t get used to it…Even after all this time. The whole environment still feels empty. This is shocking. I mean, you’ve been gone quite a while and I still can’t get anything right!

It still feels so weird! Everything is still so awkward! I still feel all alone, even when I’m surrounded by a sea of people. My best friends can’t even fill the empty spaces in my heart…Why? Why did you God take you so young? Why did you leave at seventeen? I guess that will always remain a mystery…

I still feel so odd when people ask how many siblings I have. I mean, I know physically I have one. And yet, it doesn’t feel right saying it. You’re soul still lingers by my side and I feel you everywhere I go. Brittaney, I guess what I’m trying to say is I miss you.

Your body is here…Lying still six feet under and it hurts not hearing your voice anymore. But in the end, I guess you never left. I’ll see you again I hope…There will be a time when all my questions will be answered. I know it. In the end, nothing will remain a mystery forever.

But for now, all I can say is don’t forget me. Just tell Papaw and Aunt Linda I said hi and that I love them. You’ve got your wings now and I’m just awaiting the day when I get to see you FLY!