letting go

the wind in my eyes
and the sun in my face
and i feel in love today
with whom, i'm not entirely sure
why do i have to know, anyway?

if i can sit and feel this way
forever and ever and always
then maybe i will be myself
when the tide rolls in
and calls me

i'll run out to the salty waves
and wave goodbye to all i know
i don't think i'll come back
ever

...i'm letting go

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Added this one to my favorites. :) I love that the words feel the same as they read... you know what I mean? I especially love the lack of formatting here, it really adds to the effect. Flawless job, my friend.

Andrea M. said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:30 am
This is amazing. I wish I could write like this!

Lexie96 said...
Nov. 6, 2011 at 12:07 am

Ths is pretty and it really paints a portrait in your head. I love it.

Check out my stuff if you get the chance?

Suzie17 said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 11:33 am
This was beautiful! It has so much...what's the word, atmosphere? You can just picture it.

CarrieAnn13 said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 9:24 am
Nice! But you should really capitalize your 'I's.  Your flow is good and your poem is nice and light rather than the usual depressed stuff here on Teen Ink.  Good job!

JustAnotherOwl replied...
Everything is lowercase purposely :) But thanks, anyway! (Usually I'm obsessive about spelling/grammar, but I was showing my defiance with this one...haha. If that makes sense).

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Okay, that makes sense!  But the 'I's are really distracting to a Grammar Na.zi like me. ;)

paige14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked it. It reminded me of just sitting on the beach and feeling happy and in love, just forgetting the rest of the world and letting go of everything

JustAnotherOwl replied...
Thank you! Finally someone understood what I was trying to say! (:

HaleyDRog. said...
I really love the ryhme scheme. You are a great writer. I really liked the message too!

JustAnotherOwl replied...

Thank you!

I sort of give mixed messages with this one...but, oh well! I only posted it simply because I thought it was sort of pretty.

ritabelle511 said...
I really really enjoy this poem! You are a wonderful poet - the vibe I get from it is very relaxed but almost defiant. I love it!

JustAnotherOwl replied...
You are so sweet! Thanks!

Alon_Freevoice said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 4:44 am
I like this.

And, oh, when you used I, make sure it's in capital.. :) That's all because your poem is too good... :)

I'm letting go... :) love it

JustAnotherOwl replied...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:06 am

Everything is purposely lower case :)

But thank you, all the same!

SongSparrow said...
Hmmmmmm....... Interesting..... I kind of like it....(Which is to say, I definentaly don't not like it)....... Hmmmmmmm......

JustAnotherOwl replied...
Okay...? Thanks?

SongSparrow replied...
I know, I can't spell. But I like your poem! I just... Hmmmmmm.... I'm just not so sure about the last line. I mean, I like it, but it is sort of.... Well, sort of.... Hmmmm... What's the word I'm looking for? Not childish, persay, but sort of typical, if you know what I mean. I don't quite understand the poem as a whole, but that is good. Do NOT change that.