This is My Escape

I walk alone through an empty garden. The tall plants are waving at me in the early autumn breeze. The trees are turning from green to a million shades of red, orange, and even purple. The flowers hold the last blooms of the season. A bird starts singing in the tree above me. In seconds, the garden is alive. Small animals run through the branches and across the ground. A fawn is walking clumsily through a patch of dandelions. She walks up to me, nudging my hand with her nose. She walks away, stopping every few steps to turn and look at me. I get up and follow her to a quiet stream. The water is clear as crystals. There are small round rocks covering the bottom. A fish swims to the surface and spits water at my bare feet. I sink to my knees, falling backward into the cool, green grass. The little fawn and various other animals are bedding down in the grass around me. A large turtle swims to the side of the stream. A large deer pushes me into the water by the turtle. I climb onto his back and lay down. He moves slowly down the stream, rocking me to sleep. I begin to hear waves in the distance. I smell the salt water as we get closer. I drift to sleep, listening to the ocean. When I open my eyes again, I am home. The sun is shining happily through my window. The light reflecting off of the water makes it sparkle onto my ceiling. Looking at the water, I think about my night. I was in my wonderland again. A place in my mind.