The Forbidden Book

I sit here on the floor wishing,
my nails clink against the hard floor,
I’m fighting my good and bad side,
the devilish side of me says “take a peek,”
“they’ll never know,”
Another voice screams at me,
“they will find out,
a peek will hurt,
you’ll regret it,
you only have to wait a few more years!”
The golden sun gleams at the spine,
Its silver letters shine,
I whisper its name several times,
I reach to the cabinet,
the only thing that separates me is glass,
But no!
The book is forbidden,
dust sprinkles the spine,
I’m curious to know what its pages conceal,
I thought about reading just a chapter,
I leap up and dash out of the room,
I didn’t even take a longing glance.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:25 am
I loved how you set out the battle between temptation conscience,,.It was a really good poem with a good word choice!

JoPepper replied...
Thank you! xD

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:04 am
You're Welcome!!

YAYwriting said...
I like this. I love your word choice, especially with the sprinkled dust and the devilish side. It pulled me into the poem like few poems can. :)

JoPepper replied...

Thanks!!!!! :))

YAYwriting replied...
you're welcome :)

Steph0804 said...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:14 am
it's super mysterious and suspenseful, you can feel your fingers itching to raise the cover, take a peek, just a little peek...

JoPepper replied...

lol honestly in real life I speed read the first few sentences then my friends stole it away from me ;)

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 5:26 am
*gasp* you read your friend's diary??!! I went on a camping trip with a few friends, and one of them tried to snoop into my journal :P

JoPepper replied...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 8:19 am
actually it wasn't a diary although one of my friend convinced me to let her read mine! I was a push over then:P

renni said...
nice! very suspensful like @anagam had said, keep up the great work :D and if you dont mind i would appreciate if you take a look at some of my work. thank you :)

JoPepper replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 10:39 am
Thank you I read your work!!!!!! :D

Anagam said...
haha its suspensful!! it had me there too! like the ilovelucy469 said: what's the forbidden book? good work! good work!! :)

JoPepper replied...
Thank you for reading I really appreciate it.  I couldn't read the last book to the twilight series so I wrote this!  Thanks!!!! :))

ilovelucy469 replied...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 11:57 am
i read the last book and its a dissapointment, its not very graphic at all during the honeymoon if thats what your parents are worried about.  

JoPepper replied...
I liked it but I think the part were Jacob imprinted was sick {shudder} !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ilovelucy469 said...
Awesome article! it really made me think, whats the forbidden book? And why must she wait a couple years to see whats inside? Keep up the awesome writing!

JoPepper replied...
Thank you so much for the feedback.  I wrote this when I wasn't allowed to read the last book to the Twilight series.  And I really hate it when I cant finish a series until a couple of years.  Thank you for reading!!!! :D

TheAmazingJoysie replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:52 am
why werent you allowed to read the last book ? I read breaking dawn in under 24 hours from 5 in the morning to 11 at night and it was christmas day....

JoPepper replied...
My Mom thought some subjects were inappropiate for my age.  I would of finished the bookl in the time you did probably but I had to go to sleep. :P :D