Used- | Teen Ink

Used-

By PaolaItzel BRONZE, San Diego, California
PaolaItzel BRONZE, San Diego, California

Inspiration never ceases, and hope never leaves. When you are down, always look forward to the future because we can change and alter what its outcome will be. Because we are never satisfied with the present. Because we are disappointed with the “now.” We are so vulnerable and full of hope. Hope that “one day” we will be taller, thinner, prettier, buffer, smarter, more attractive, more interesting, more captivating and more living. Neglect the past because we are all people and we all deserve for our “one day” to come.

Like a coffee cup: you get it, you drink its contents to its entirety and then, you throw it away.
Like a spoon: most reliable tool to eat cereal but when it comes to spaghetti, it’s forgotten.
Like a balloon: when it’s blown up, it’s beautiful. Then after a while the helium starts to reduce and the balloon becomes deflated and useless.
Like a cell phone: when it has service and the bill is paid, it’s a wonderful device. When the battery is dead, it’s just a piece of plastic.
Like a person: you like them, you tell them, you say something, and then they realize they were the coffee cup.
They were the spoon.
The balloon.
And the dead cell phone.
And then it’s over.