Memory

The memories that you left behind
they'll stay close by my side
and when I walk into your room
I see the times I had with you
I can't believe your gone
such a short time we had
but I'm glad I had the chance to share it with you
the time for sleep is now
it's nothing to cry about
though we'll shed our tears
in the love for you
I can't believe your gone
your still with me
your that star at night
your that tear I shed
your that angel I love
even when your in the sky above
your memory lives on

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love this, its so moving, and it nearly made me cry, i think this is my favourite of your poems :)

musicispassion replied...
awww thanks !! :P

ttlove21 said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 12:55 am

once again great work

musicispassion replied...
thanks !! :P

qui133 said...
the people we love are the people who hurt us the most, simply by not being their. i feel like a forten cookie.

musicispassion replied...
haha i agree thanks

DoubleN said...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 10:21 am
This is so sweet, I bet whoever it's for feels so loved up there.

musicispassion replied...
I hope so and thank you

Alon_Freevoice said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 2:51 am
He/she lives in your heart as long as you don't kill him/her inside. Hope you're getting better. :)

musicispassion replied...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 2:53 am
i would never do that i'm back to normal i know she wouldn't want me to be depressed and i'm gonna live my life like i normally would until i meet her again i'm awesome i commented on a couple of ur things

Alon_Freevoice replied...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 3:02 am
Yes, I saw it. Thanks, by the way...

I'm glad you're moving on... :)

Aftershock said...

I like the idea but the poem wasn't flowing :/ to me it was hard and just going on without having any rhythm. It was like this:

I like my cat.

Yes, he has a hat.

It's quite lovley, like that.

Now my cat is asleep.

Poor cat.

Personal opinion. Sorry.

musicispassion replied...
it's okay it's great to hear feedback maybe look at my other metaphors and u have the right to your opinion

CarrieAnn13 said...

I had tears in my eyes while reading this because it's really true.  Even when our loved ones are dead, they live on in our memories. 

Once again, you mixed up 'your' and 'you're', though.  Other than that, good job!

musicispassion replied...
i know i always do that i write it fast when it comes to me and i type it wrong sorry and thanks it means alot

musicispassion replied...
ok i commented on your pictures and youor bullying but i'm gonna read the aprody when i have more time

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Okay!  Thanks so much! :)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this, but I was a little bit annoyed at the 'your' in the last few lines, since it's supposed to be 'you're'. Other than that though, I think I understood what you were trying to say, especially when I put myself in the shoes of someone who just lost someone they love. I like the words you used, and it's sad and happy at the same time. Good job! :)

musicispassion replied...
Jun. 28, 2011 at 1:27 am
thank you sorry this poem just came to me and i scribbled it down

Odessa_Sterling00 said...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 7:31 am
Well, I never really wrote or liked free verse poems like this.  Next time you you should try to make every line have the same amount of sylables.  It would sound more smooth and put together.  I was also a little confused about what the poem was about, like someone leaving or someone dying.  I wasn't for sure.  You should try to convey your point clearly or easily in your poem so people will be able to read and be like "Hey that poem is about blahblahblah."  I hope... (more »)