im over you... | Teen Ink

im over you...

By FarFromIdealGirl SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts
FarFromIdealGirl SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family. Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world."

People telling me im spending to much time consentrating on what was, but your penetrating eyes opened me up more then i thought possible. My walls were down and you knew it, you did everything you could to prove it. Now im surrounded by a fortress, heart guarded by steel bars. Your not getting back in, you wont win. No you wont win, whipe off that grin. Iv learned all your tricks, so pick another heart to brake. Cause thats just what you do, right? It took all my might but im done with your silly games, your no longer in my frames, tossed you in the flames, at least thats what i claim...