Dreams of Serenity | Teen Ink

Dreams of Serenity

By Puzzlepeace GOLD, Bellevue, Nebraska
Puzzlepeace GOLD, Bellevue, Nebraska

"Music is all around you, all you have to do... is listen."
-August Rush

Sometimes, i just wish life was like a dream. Imaginations could soar and i wouldnt have to worry about what anyone else thinks. A dream where i could be free, free to do, say or think what i want without tearing the seams of our world and its beliefs. Sometimes its nice to think i could live like this. As if im daydreaming everyday. Intricate mazes and puzzles surrounding my very existence every day makes life seem so hard, but my imagination comes to my side and takes me away to somewhere deeper in my heart. I am safe here, no one can harm me, i am protected by love and understanding. This is where i belong. If life were a dream i wouldnt have to run away. I could stay here, in the open, willing to play. But everyone around me has their own ideas. About wars, violence,just terrible things. But I,I think of love, fun, happiness and being able to spread my wings. Open them and fly away to another place where i cant be found. A place where i am alone, nothing will make a sound. Beautiful serenity and comfort is near. This is the place, right now, right here. And although my thoughts havnt been found, and life isnt a race of imagination, I can atleast respect everything around me and the masterpiece of creation. Ta-ta for now, my dreams of that kind of life, I shall see you again, when i once again,close my eyes.

I know it does not rhyme very well, but i hope you enjoy it anyways :)