Just picture this | Teen Ink

Just picture this

May 11, 2011
By blainers20 BRONZE, Brentwood, California
blainers20 BRONZE, Brentwood, California
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Just picture this… You are standing on top of a cliff. You are looking over the ocean and you feel a soft but chilling breeze go through your hair and across your face. The sight is breath taking with all the waves crashing all around you and the sharp rocks below you. There is a strong smell of salt water all around you and you take a deep breath to take in everything and now you can taste the salt in your mouth. Everything is perfect but you are missing one thing. Do you know what it is? You look all around you and all you see are rocks and a couple bushes and sand. In the distance you see that old dirt road you drove here on and your car. So you keep thinking and then you realize that you are alone you have no one to share this amazing experience with. Is it better to be alone? Is it a good thing or bad thing? Your legs are getting tired so you decide to sit down on the edge of the cliff and let your legs hang off the end. You are twirling your legs into one another while looking at the scenery. Just think about this you are looking out as far as you can see and that is the whole world. The sound of the ocean is making you very dreary. Then you realize it is better to be alone because, in the long run we all die alone. So why put that burden on you and your soul mate. What I mean is when they are old and on their death bed I would be there for them till they slowly start to slip away out of my fingers. And I don’t know if I will be able to take that pain. Even when we get married and I say those words, “forever and ever baby I will love you.” I will! But when that time comes I don’t know if I will be able to take it. So maybe back at that cliff when that day is over I will just have to slip off the edge into the ocean. Just picture that….