Old Soul

Her tears still spilling out of my eyes
The way the blood spilled out of my thighs.

The pain they’ll keep feeling
Pours with my blood still dripping.

I feel them all –
Bullets breaking through my wall.

Sadness the most
Is what floods my coast.

A gift from God, Lord on high,
Whispers across me like a sigh.

This gift a curse behind a masque;
Why is it mine? I have to ask.

This gift only grows stronger and stronger,
I cannot bare this curse any longer.

Prayer cannot fulfill –
Never has and it never will.

Even though I can’t stop their feeling,
I can still stop my bleeding.

And maybe my scars will fade
If I don’t free their pain with my blade.

Her tears will spill out of my eyes,
But the blood shan’t spill out of my thighs.

The pain they’re feeling
Will no longer, in blood, be bleeding.

I’ll feel them all –
Their bullets breaking through my wall.

And their sadness, the most,
Will still flood my coast.

This “gift” – a curse behind a masque,
Why is it mine? I’ll still ask.

As this curse grows stronger and stronger,
I’ll have to bare this gift a little bit loner.

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 8:30 pm:
Wow. This is beyond powerful... I can relate a lot. I love how you don't exactly put a name on the "gift"- a curse behind a masque; by doing that you open so many doors for people to relate. Amazing workl, as always :) could you check out my poem that was just posted? Surrendering to the Sea... How are you, by the way? Feel free to text me whenever, know that okay? :)

alanacarlene replied...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 2:31 pm :
Thank you :) and I'll check out your poem and I've been pretty great! Got my license and I have my car :)))))) how have you been?!

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 9:33 am :
I thought I saw you driving yesterday when I was doing a blackcat mile :P congrats! I've been pretty much great too :) Nothing too exciting going on in my life at the moment, but thats better than drama so I'm not complaining :P I'm working allllll the time :) You should come see me at drivethrough now that you have a car!! :D

alanacarlene replied...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 2:44 pm :
Lol i was totally gonna go to the drive thru today but my parents got back from waco early and i was like dang! lol

JSchwartzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm :
Very pretty, I enjoyed it but I never really got the jist of what it's about, if your aiming to be a little vague then you suceedeed. Don't take that as a put down, many very famous writers write things that you really have to tear apart to understand. I especially enjoy the part about your wall, reminded me of Pink Floyd.