The Greatest Love of All

The greatest love of all is not what most might think. Love is not a feeling, for feeling come and go. Love isn't fireworks, nor the leaping of one's soul within them when they see their lover. But rather love is a great, grand and noble choice to be by one's side to the death; through fire and flood, trial and tribulation, no matter what, forever and ever. Yes, the greatest trials will make love grow ever-stronger, but only if you do not run when they arise. Even so, the greatest trials in love are not in fire, nor wind, nor flood, nor tremor; but when the fireworks have dimmed and the butterflies have dulled, yet you choose to stand by your other half regardless...This is truly the greatest love of all.

LilBoo said...
my favorite part is when you talk bout how love is not a feeling, because feelings can come and go. when you love someone i believe it is a feeling, but when you are in love with someone i believe then it becomes a choice

joyfuldancer replied...
Jun. 15, 2011 at 2:15 am
Thank you so much for ur feedback!  I will definately be posting some more of these types of poems on here soon.  I hope u'll check out more of my work soon and mention my work to some friends:)  God Bless