you have a lot of nerve

How dare you?
How dare you hold me from behind like that? With your brown-eyed, little sister staring up from the floor, and our bodies falling into each other, like they do all too easily, like that night never happened, like nothing has changed.
How dare you put your hand on my knee under the table, and squeeze my thigh, like it belongs to you. Do I need to remind you? It doesn’t anymore.
How dare you sweep me off my feet – literally; carrying me to the car after dinner, all dapper in your tux, my long dress trailing underneath me, and strangers watching, thinking we’re happy in love, not really knowing anything at all.
How dare you pull into that parking lot, while our friends are still at the dance, and pull me into your lap. How dare you say nice things and try to make me forget what we went through. How dare you make me laugh. How dare you get close, too close, to kiss me, and make me want to kiss you back. How dare you make me comfortable with you again. How dare you make me appreciate your hands on me, to want to be with you.
And how dare you kiss me twice goodnight, and let me go home wondering what I should have done and what we really are…

ConqueringFears said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm:
hey, you're from Alto, too? really?

emilysbreakfast replied...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 2:32 pm :

No way! OMW weird.

i wonder if we go to the same school? we should meet sometime.

i really like your writing by the way...

ConqueringFears replied...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 2:56 pm :
Yea! Whoa. That's cool. What grade? I'm only in 6th :| Yeah, wierd, cuz this place is TINY! Like, population of 100. Okay, more, but you know.

ConqueringFears replied...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 2:56 pm :
Oh, and thaks! I like yours, too!

ConqueringFears replied...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 2:57 pm :
Oh, and thanks! I really like yours, too!

ConqueringFears replied...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 2:57 pm :
Wait, prom. You're in high school. I'm in THE MIDDLE!

emilysbreakfast replied...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 4:27 pm :
haha yes. so young darling ;)
im a senior now.
i'd love to meet you though!

reaching_fearless replied...
Sept. 19, 2011 at 9:07 am :
Yeah, I am, aren't I? But that would be soooooooo cool :P

ConqueringFears said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm:
This has a very distinct poem, as it dignifies the fact that you thought you know what you were doing, but then again, maybe not. You (or he) took a chance, it failed, but you still want to try again. And that is okay. But you know that if it hasn't worked out say, maybe, 10 times too many, than know when to stop. Leave before you get hurt. This awesome much<3love