A Rainy Reality

Rain trickles down
The chilly window
The cloudy sky
Is not yet dreary
It's not yet old
It's not yet gloomy
It's real
It's an icy reality
Like water on a sleepy face
And while it seems sharp
This icy, wet reality,
It's not
'Cause it's the only true thing
In my chaotic life
It's a constant reality
Not harsh, not rough
But elegant
Beautiful
Rain.

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 10:35 pm:
This is a brilliant poem. It's elegant, graceful, and extremely well written. I believe that it captures the essance of a perfect rainstorm, with just a bit of lightnig and thuner mixed in that lasts for a couple of hours. My favorite kinds of weather. It also reminds me of a poem that I wrote a few years ago while it was raining, but it was lost and destroyed when I dropped my notebook into a deep puddle. But, like I said, it's an amazing poem.

alice_swim_n_skateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 28 at 7:15 pm :
Thank you so much! I'm sorry about your poem :/

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 9:13 am :
It's fine. It stinks, but I've written other poems. :)