Shh.....Now Speak

Oh, Forever Kept,you are indeed someone's dearest,
and indefinitely through love you keep drifting from your conscious.
“But why? Why can't we be?” you ask.
And what does it mean for us to have each other?
We are the youngest of young, spinning the weakest of webs,
-our pathetic little strands of silk captured and tangled up into nothing.
See now, it is the love of our own hearts that harms us,
our innermost thoughts pleading to satisfy our self destructing desires.
And what does it mean for us to sit on ocean banks at sunset,
and profess our love for each other along these same heartless shores that have taken away countless others in their passions for a pointless nothing,
who have went down into the oceans treacherous deep,
with barely their wedding rings. Won't we too die with nothing?
And when simple mercies chase the tides away,
it is your own lust that will bring them back again,
only this time one of us has to escape with nothing.
Tell me dear, what is love to us now?
“Save me! Save me, my love! Please help!”, you plead.
And what would it mean if ever I saved you, so that we should be together?
What would this mean for us?

despurlockThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22 at 8:23 pm:
Lo Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace   Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]   Return     capslock a s d f g h j k ... (more »)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 9:40 am :
You are much fabulous right about now. Merci tres beaucoup.

fiNd_THe_fLaMEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 25, 2012 at 8:41 pm:

really beautiful love poem, really really beautiful! great job

ps. please read rate and comment on my work when u have the time. i would love to get some feedback!

today at 9:42 am :
Ello Captain, soooo glad you could make it to my little sporting event. I'll be seein ya round me bearhood.

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 1:15 am:

Again, a beautiful love poem. :)

Reminds me of Annabel Lee by Edgar Allen Poe.

Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:58 am :
whatever you say captain, though i wouldnt recomend reading this poem to impress anyon. merci tres beacoup for timing the take to commentate.

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 10:23 pm :

Some love poems you just can't give to people. :)

The reason why this poem reminds me of Annabel Lee is because it's about a love that can never happen and because they are young and because it talks about the ocean a lot. All these are main themes of Annabel Lee. Have you read that poem?

Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:47 am :
uh, no. but thanks for liking it, and responding to my likeness at 10 a clock in the morning.

Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:48 am :
-i mean at night.

Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:14 am :
No problem. I use the internet well into the night sometimes, just cause sometimes that's the only time I get to use it. 

Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:03 pm :
oh, well then i take that thank you back, since its obvious YOU DONT CARE. hehehe, sike. much gratitudement to youment.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:31 pm:

You gotta hand it to the cynics; it's a little satisfying to see the lover's love evaporate into nothingness.

The Raven likes the blunt tongue, so it admires the he/she for taking pleasure in rejection. It also admires the clever speech which twists around a heartless concept. If it had to pick a favorite line, it would choose them all, and relish the verbal meal. Excellence, Boosflash, utter excellence.

Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:08 pm :
boosism is loving "the clever speech which twists around a heartless concept." The Ravens input is most awesome and most appreciated and MOST HELPFUL. let me refer to the request of the author:tell me what you think. Boosism is thanking The Raven.

CarolynQ said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 11:10 am:
You certainly do an amazing job at keeping your reader interested. Thumbbsss up!!!!

Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:28 am :
really? tres bon! merci captain. thanks for commmentating. who knew.

trapped-in-a-broken-wonderlandThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:43 pm:
w.o.w. again, this is truly amazing!!! i love it!!!! five zillion stars! (make yourself another constelation) i really like the.... kind of i-don-t-care-if-this-hurts-or-even-kills-you (sorry my mind is mush right now and i can't think of how else to say it) additude the narrator has towards the other person.... this is easily relatable for me right now (not me personally, a friend.. and well an ex friend too)... anyway back to the poem, i really love your use of imagrey/ metaphore (especia... (more »)

Jun. 15, 2011 at 1:33 pm :
I really like you captian. merci tres beacoup pour la commentaire. (yes i make words up-even in in french) i really appreciate your commentism even though you dont owe me an interpretation. youre freakin awesome. fait ta danse.

trapped-in-a-broken-wonderlandThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 16, 2011 at 7:04 pm :

awe!!!!!!!!! i really like you to

capy-tan :) (and it's cool, i make up my own words all the time [number one favorite is PEACOCKUS {sorry the meaning's a secret}])

and who said i owed you anything? i fon't have any memoery of ever saying that, or anyone else saying it for that matter (then again... my memory's starting to go)

but thank you!!! you're awesomer!! (by like a lot) [fait ta danse]

Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:30 am :
i was just saying you dont owe me nothing cause what you said is exactly what i was trying to portray in this sucker. i do love your new word, though i will not ask you what it means since its already been established that its none of my business.

Jun. 26, 2011 at 9:26 pm :

okay okay jeeze. you write a simply complicated comment and get your head bitten off... life's really quite funny.

yay!! i'm glad i intercepted it the way you'd ment it to be intercepted.

and i would tell you but i'd be breaking the code and the code tends to get very anry when that happens... it usually involves punishment... so i try to avoid it.