My WIll

Dance. I will dance.
I will not sulk,
I will not shuffle,
I’ll dance.
Sing. I will sing.
I will not cry,
I will not whisper,
I’ll sing.
Smile. I will smile.
I will not frown,
I will not pout,
I’ll smile.
Live. I will live.
I will not cease,
I will not depart,
I’ll live.
Why?
Life is wonderful,
but life is short.
And when I’m gone,
they will remember me.
They will.

ely2012 said...
This a beautiful poem. I expecially like your comment about the piece, though! You are quite wise and I love it!

reaching_fearless replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 9:20 am

Hey, AT!!! How's it going? 

Thanks :P This one is just kind of something I experimented with, testing my limits to see how it would turn out, ya know?  But yeah, that class I mentioned in the side comment had to be my favorite of all time ^.^

shadowrider said...
You put a beautiful message into only a few simple words. This shows that being a poet doesn't mean having the biggest vocabulary or fanciest metaphors, but about writing something worth reading, and putting into words something that could change someone's life. You've done an amazing job with this poem. You have a beautiful voice, and a strong sense for the written word. AMAZING and GORGEOUS! 

ConqueringFears replied...
:D I'm grinning like crazy, finally someone understands what poetry really is. So many people, countless, would tell me, "what did you do to this? Look at all your other work, wonderful, but this? what is it, certainly not poetry," and all I could do was laugh. Wow, how difficult it was to explain the essence of peotry, the minds of poets, yet here this is. Something so simple, but underestimated. Thank you so much for your kindness, I'm glad to see you understand.

drivenbiimusic said...

It'd be cool if someone commented ;) good or bad 

much<3love