Desires This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Her spine
broken from the years of running form one lovers arms to the next
Is the only thing that holds her thin dress,over her delicate and stained skin
Her body
Submerges into a catatonic state as she waits
Greedily for the embrace of her next lover
-Desires of a used paperback

garshongjasmine said...
Jan. 5, 2012 at 2:45 am
wow really nice. if you guys could check some of my work ill be really grateful

hopelovepain said...

TYPO ALERT: form vs. from, lovers vs. lover's, no comma between dress and over (third line)  

You may want to change the last line to something a bit clearer, like

These are the

Desires of a used paperback

I do, however, love how you've written this and the idea of it as well as the writing is wonderful. Good luck - keep writing! (: 

Poetryfaces This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it. I know the typos :x i have to make sure i am more careful next time i submit, because once i post it i can not edit it. But i will however make changes to the version on my laptop. Thank you for the input, it is much appreciated :) 

Shadowrider said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 12:17 am
I love it! The way you gave a personality to an inanimate object, really gave a wonderful twist to the poem! It was great! Write more! Your good!

Shadowrider replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 12:19 am
Oh but I just realized that instead of putting 'from' you put 'form'. It took me the second time through to catch that, your poem sucked me in so much.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I know, as i just re-read the poem i found another spelling/grammatical error. Next time i post i will make sure that i double check my writing. Because unfortunately you can't edit it once you post it. Thanks again. :)

Shadowrider replied...
Would you mind looking at some of my poems? Their all in the poetry forum. Thanks!