Fire Dream This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I once had a dream
That was full of fire
Full of all the hate in the world.

Corruption is everywhere
And fire follows in its wake
Governments are corrupt,
And fire razes them down.

Poverty is everywhere
And fire is always with them
People go hungry,
And fire burns them out.

Injustice is everywhere
And fire plays with it
People get killed,
And fire laughs in your face.

I once had a dream
That was full of fire
And fire never went away,
Fire stayed 'til the end of time.

GreekGoddessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:19 am
Hey this is really good, with great ideas behind it. I agree with Mariah, you need stronger words. Besides of that, this was really good :)

MAriAH....This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13, 2013 at 10:28 am
I love how you incorperated fire into your phrases about corruption and poverty and hate. That's interesting to combine the thought of troubles and hardships with fire and that's really original and creative. However, I think if you used words a little more menacing like, devastation, tyranny, melicious, torrment. That would highten emotions even more! But awesome work!

tr3bl3grrl said...
I love it! Plz keep writing!