Pink Ladies of America’s High Schools This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Dear Pink Ladies of America's High School,

How do you retain the form of a stem on a thorn-filled rose?
Hair spray and Suave go only so far,
So why is it that my own locks take a tumble down the stairs,
And land so deficient on my head?

I could skate on your faces,
Partially out of jealousy and loathing,
But mostly because of the freshly shaven ice from your soul,
That you have laid so smoothly upon your face,
Much like a princess's bed of silk,
Where your
“Beautiful blue eyes,”
“Cute button nose”
And
“Perfect lips”
Seem to sit.

The skin you have stretched over your bones,
Has been made by the Gods of
Extra-Small,
Labeled with a bird or moose.

There may not be crowns on your heads,
Though your loyal servants bow at your precious feet,
Obeying your every command.

One day, you will step down from your hierarchy,
And leave the peasants to live their normal lives and be free,
Not having to live under your overpowering rule.

Sincerely,
The Back-Up Dancers

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 8:36 pm
I absolutely LOVE the paragraph about skin stretched over bones - I get what you're saying about female clothing and their respective companies. Super creative technique! Honestly, I thought about the Pink Ladies from Grease when I read this (mostly because I watched Grease last week), but I can also see how it relates to the "mean girls" of today. Cleverly put together.

siesie35 said...
nikki! you are amazing! btw this is sierra :). i have read alot of your poems and they are soooo awesome! you should really think about being a writer or journalist! love ya!

Music0609 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks sierra :) lol I knew it was you by the sie part. I might try to get a book of poems but that's in a loooong time hahaha