Mayflower

I went walking today
Along a road lined with twisting trees
The air still smelled cold
With a touch of spring
Singing through the breeze
The ground was speckled with snow
Only bits of green were showing
But pushing triumphantly out of the ground
A delicate purple mayflower
Was determined to say hello

AlaskaFrost This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the simplicity of this poem, and the deep meaning it has

Lilacs_Smell_Wonnerful This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you, haha, I keep seeing your comments, and it makes me really happy that someone likes a lot of my work. If you want to check out my BEST work, the titles to look for would be "Why Am I So Silent" and "Catch Me Daddy" :) Thanks so much for making my day a little brighter. -Lilac

AlaskaFrost This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha it's my pleasure! You're a very talented writer! I can't find "Catch Me Daddy" though.

Heh, I forgot that I wrote it as Anonymous. ;) You have to enter it in the search bar. XD Sorry 'bout that. Haha, since it shows up on MY page, I forget that other people cannot see it. -Lilac

oh haha! I'll go check it out right now :)