Renovation

I'll face what I've done;
I'll endure what I've become.
I'll wash away the memories,
keep the present glory days.
You can watch me,
be the best person I can be.
I'm proud of what and who I am;
of things I'm capable of.
I see you,
and you're the epitome of love overdue.
I will keep you,
in my head.
Because, let's face it,
my need for you will never be fed.
The memories of you slowly tear the seams of my heart,
gradually ripping me apart.
You stripped me of my innocence,
my will to see the good in people.
It made me dark,
it made me hateful.
Sad as it seems,
you still continue to visit me in my dreams.
I see you all the time,
your face instilled in my mind.
Despite your treatment,
I will beat this.
I will fill these holes in my heart,
and kindly erase you as a start.
And then,
I will face what I've done;
I'll endure what I've become.
I'll erase away the memories,
and will be sure to remember to keep the present glory days.
But until I'm sure that is what I must do,
it all comes back to starting with you.

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
astounding, easily a poem I believe should be published and made widely known, echoes the voices of who have lost one they love so much, one they put to much love in, and in the end, it hurt them greatly, but it tells of your will to struggle on, which is all we can do in our life.  you are a strong person, stronger than most anyone I know, and its hard as hell to deal with, I've been down that avenue before, and its hell, it truly is.  good luck in your future, just know that you are ... (more »)

xBaByGiRrL22x replied...
Wow. I can't thank you enough for your positive and inspiring feedback. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. But really. Thank you :) You're absolutely right about struggling on being really the only thing we can do in life. That is my goal. Take everything in stride. It made my day to read all of your compliments and positive outlooks. I really appreciate it and I'm so glad you like some of my work! :D I would love to read some of your pieces. I can tell that they will be incredi... (more »)

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
  Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace   Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]   Return     capslock a s d f g h j ... (more »)

Darkchloe14 said...
This one is my favorite. Whether or not your talking about a romantic relationship or just about someone who did you wrong It was very good.

xBaByGiRrL22x replied...
Thank you so much:) im glad u liked it. I think it would make the most sense if it was about a relationship, but it depends on the reader I guess, ya know? thanx for readingg:D