Playing With Fire | Teen Ink

Playing With Fire

By Zaylie PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
Zaylie PLATINUM, Everett, Washington

"It's not the kind, the kind you take about it's just the kind that rips the clothing off your mind." -Flyleaf
"You feet in the air, Your head on the ground Try this trick and spin it yeah Your head will colapse when there's nothing it in."-Pixies

Playing with a girls heart,
Is like playing with fire,
The flame will leave your control,
Never know what will happen,
You push it too far,
And it will burn,
Into ash
I just hope you've learned,
I'm not that girl you met,
Way back when,
I'm a new and improved,
Moving on,
Carefree,
And spirit founded girl,
That will give her heart in a heartbeat.
But playing with a girls heart,
Is just like Playing with fire,
Never know where you'll end.

This poem came with loss of good friend too. He meant a lot to be, but he just played with my heart. Until I decided I was done. I finally yelled at him, "Playing with a girl's heart is like playing with fire, idiot!" I then walked way mad and upset. But I ended up with a poem. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

angel_of_silence PLATINUM, Cotulla, Texas

“The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.” -Jace Wayland City of Bones

great work, i know exactly the type of expierience you went through, its very well written and executed

on Feb. 3 2012 at 8:38 am
SuNshiNe007 ELITE, Magee Ms., Mississippi

Never Give Up, And Know That God Will Always Love You!

I have to say I did enjoy reading it as much as you enjoyed writing it Zaylie! And this poem is so true! I love the way you worded this and how you said "But playing with a girls heart, Is just like playing with fire." Great Job!:)