My Paper Friends

Manipulative,

gentle,

hard,
black symbols against white,

swirl into a picture,

I'm lead to friendship,

then utter despair,
paradoxically tears feed a spark,
that spark births a wildfire,

I cherish that fire,

I savor that burn,

the way I burn to a crisp, the way it burns grief to insanity,

my fire is then doused,

but not completely,

a spark is still left,
hungry for the next time I hold,

my precious paper friend.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:32 am
That was SUPERB! 5/5..... It is so amazing isn't it, the joy, the sorrow, as if you're practically there...and there are so many amazing paper friends to be made , you can't wait for th enext one to come around.. :D Again APPLAUD!

JoPepper replied...
Thank you!  It is wonderful! xD

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:00 am
You're Welcome,.. I really enjoyed it,..IT's gone to my favs!

JoPepper replied...
Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:53 am
WOW!  Thanks xD

Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:36 am
Hehehe :D     

mmb77 said...
Very great and clever

JoPepper replied...
Oct. 2, 2011 at 8:48 am
Thank you for reading :D

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW! Very clever! 

JoPepper replied...
THANK YOU so much thank you for reading!!!!!!:))

Anagam said...
when I saw the title: My Paper Friends I thought it was gonna be about something else but no what a surprise!! I loved this poem because I love reading and it describes how addicting books are :D and somehow books are friends because they are so full of life :)

Anagam replied...
i read some of ur poems and think they r great!! :D when i was ur age i wuldnt of bn able to write this poem. keep writing and i promise u will get better (ur already gr8 though :D)!!

JoPepper replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:46 am
Thank you sooooo much.!!!!!!!! :D

Anagam replied...
You are welcome :)

Medina D. said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 11:47 am
this is beautiful! :) This is so creative and it sounds like fiery beauty within itself. "black symbols against white----swirl into a picture" for this case, its "swirl into a majestic beauty" lol. This is wonderful

JoPepper replied...
Thanks soooooooooooo much for reading and commenting!!!!!!:D

-DreamForever- said...
I really love how you phrased everything.  I love the connection you have given to human's and books. 

JoPepper replied...
Jun. 6, 2011 at 9:58 am
Thank you so much for reading this and commenting on!!!! :))

-DreamForever- replied...
No problem! I like reading and commenting on the stuff that no one else has. I think it makes people a lot happier. At least, that's how it's always been for me when people comment on my stuff. 

JoPepper replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:13 am
Me too I make that effort too yeah it's always that way for me!!!! ;))

FlipSwitchFast said...
Such a great portrayal of the connection between a human and written text. Sometimes we just can't put the words down even if they are making us angry or sad....so powerful.