Nature's Sonatinas

As grasshoppers pounce,
As bees buzz with affection,
Birds serenade to the swaying trees
And the trees dance in the wind.

As the sun’s eyes grow heavy,
Shadows creep up fields
And swallow the world
To reveal a mysterious face uncovered.

Cicadas shriek into the open night;
Coyotes sing to the moon
As stars twinkle their wishes
In the starry, passionate sky.

The mysterious, pale face –
Put to bed by nature’s Sonatinas –
Listens to the world…
Until Apollo awakens the sun of beauty.

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 9:42 am:
Greeaaaaat poem :) You describe nature's beauty in such a vivid, beautful way. Also, I learned a new word! :D The second stanza is my favorite, hands down. "As the sun's eyes grow heavy, / Shadows creep up in fields / And swallow the world /  To reveal a mysterious face uncovered." It gives me chills!!! Great imagery and writing overall ;) keep it up!

alanacarlene replied...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 2:58 pm :
Thank you! :D yeah personally I like this one of mine too. I just love nature and describing it is fun for me! And yeah lot's of people didn't know what a sonatina was and this is a poem I translated into english cause I originally wrote this for spanish and Senor Vigil told me to write a simpler poem...again!!!! But I didn't and everyone liked my poem! :) heh heh

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 15, 2011 at 2:44 pm :
Haha I remember when he always told me that too!! He'd be like "You are trying you write something too complicated. Use simple words!" And I was like naw naw :P

alanacarlene replied...
Jun. 18, 2011 at 5:13 pm :
I know! And I'm like it's too hard for me to be simple when I write why can't you understand that! lol

Jun. 18, 2011 at 5:24 pm :
RIght?! haha :)

jamesacolson said...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 10:06 am:
This is excellent i love the way you used nature in this poem i think you can go somewhere with this tallent.

alanacarlene replied...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 2:44 pm :
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me :)