Listen once more

The water along the beach becoming the waves that softly and silently wash upon the shore
Birds chirp a sweet song, calm and peaceful that many people stop to listen to
In the desert at night, the wolf howls to the white, pale moon to make sure that he is not lonely
The rain splatters against my window as I listen to each drop, drip drip
The footsteps from the distance come closer and closer moving across the black pavement
The crowd cheers as they see the final winning shot in the basketball game
You hear the whistle calling to all the players to start forming a huddle
The violinist moves the bow across the violin with such precision letting the notes float into the air
You watch a pianist gracefully slide their fingers across the piano keys creating such a beautiful melody
The wind softly says Listen once more, just listen once more

MaysileeDonner said...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 12:19 pm:
wow Callie. That was just... amazing. It made me rethink the world around me and how little things can make a difference. You captured different moments in time perfectly. It was beautiful. 

CallieLThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:32 am :
Thank you. I'm really gonna miss you.

Lit Teacher said...
May 16, 2011 at 11:29 pm:
Callie, wow!  This poem has such depth and reveals your powers of observation. The language is beautiful and the images are clear. This is what a poem is supposed to be. Keep on writing!

May 22, 2011 at 7:42 pm :
Thank you! Writing is amazing!

RozaB said...
May 16, 2011 at 9:16 pm:
Hey Callie, remember when I said your last article was the best thing I've seen from you, including things you hadn't posted and I'd read in class, well I was wrong. This one was so...raw. And you're so right, we don't listen. We don't hear the itty bitty noises out there. You get better and better each day it seems. 

May 22, 2011 at 7:41 pm :
Thank you, Roza. Even the slightest sounds make a difference. I'm gonna miss you! :(

RozaB replied...
May 22, 2011 at 8:16 pm :
Gosh, I'm gonna miss you too! It went by way too fast! :(

May 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm :
I know. It was too fast.

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 14, 2011 at 11:12 pm:
you are incredibaly talented keep up the wonderful work i really enjoyed this  coudl you please check out and commetn on my poem what if we were a dream i would really appreciate the feedback

May 15, 2011 at 3:17 pm :
Thank you very much. I already commented on your poem. It is well written.