What a Beautiful World | Teen Ink

What a Beautiful World

By KaylaChaikin BRONZE, California
KaylaChaikin BRONZE, California

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a beautiful world we live in- lingering with so much hate and so much fear
What a beautiful world we live in- when a child knows he can’t step out of the house mindful that Death might be near
An amicable world filled with so much amity, peace, love, and care
And now your son starts to ponder of the boy who got shot today- his best friend- as he sits in shock- beaten up in his chair
A beautiful world- where Mommy’s an alcoholic and wishes she can meet this thing named Death
A beautiful world- where Daddy beats you and wishes you would just breathe your last breath
They don’t care about you, nor do they love you for they are just a bag of anger and rage
For all they care your life can go right ahead and exit the stage
What a beautiful world we live in- where the sun shines so bright
What a beautiful world we live in- where it’s killed by the night
Such a beautiful world, don’t you think? With such sacredness, vitality, and more
Such a beautiful world, don’t you think? Knowing that your child might get killed as soon as he takes a solitary step out that door
When I cry, do you care?
Because when I scream in pain, you’re never there
Where are you when I’m in need?
Where are you when I bleed?
No one to turn to and nowhere to go
Considering everyone else has their own life- their own show
Is it true without all the bad in the world, no one would appreciate all the good?
If I was like everyone else- anybody else- I sure would
What if I told you that I was the child living in this beautiful world who can’t step out of the house, mindful that death might be near?
Because I am the child who lives in this beautiful world- lingering with the feeling of so much hate and so much fear