It's Just Hair.

My hair is curly.
And I want it straight.
I envy those girls,
They're never late
But I am, a lot.
Because I have a routine.
I wish I had that reassurance.
That my hair would always be perfect.
All I'd have to do,
Is take a shower,
and brush it.
But its not that easy, for me.
I have to use all kinds of products,
To tame these wild curls of mine.
Some say they like it,
And even wish they had it.
But really,
If they did they'd soon realize.
Straight is where its at.
You can put it up,
And look like a sports person.
And how it looks messy so perfectly.
Or you can get layers,
And look like a preppy girl.
Even a shaggy cut looks good.
Pulling off a punk.
But curly hair is limited.
One way looks fine,
The other not so much.
Then again, its just hair.
Why should I care?

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 25 at 2:57 pm:
Those are the exact lines of my sister. Who has curly hair. Mine ain't really straight either...kind of a midway thing.. And yes, I agree, I think every single girl can relate to this. Me included. I get really confused by my own reactions really, sometimes I want to cut it, sometimes I want it long. Sometimes I want to style it. But whatever happens, one thing I always say is "I love my hair" <3 Awesome sentence really. :D

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 30 at 4:04 am :
I agree! Sometimes I'm glad I have the hair I do, for styling and stuff. Many people with straight hair complain that it never holds a curl haha. Well I definately won't have that problem anytime soon. Anywho, thanks for your feedback!

LinkinPark12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 8 at 2:19 pm:
Haha this is really cool :) Totally unique and many girls can relate to this! Great stuff <3 (btw i was the writer of "My Best Friend's a Boy", I was just anonymous) ;)

PoisonMind said...
haha I feel like I wrote this. :)
Love it.

Feb. 5 at 9:48 pm :
Thank you for checking out my work! It's appreciated.

Emily_Greene said...
Its honest and the tone is clear. The flow is nice and the train of thought is easy to follow. Its also easy to relate to because lots of girls worry about their hair. Thanks for checking out my work.

Feb. 5 at 9:47 pm :
No problemo! Thanks to you as well!

WrittenEmotions said...
Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:51 am:
Wow, this is truly different! I enjoyed it immensely, I understand where you're coming from completely... My hair is naturally curly as well, but I can straighten it, but it takes like three hours xD I like this a lot(: well done! 5/5

May 21, 2012 at 8:41 pm :
Thanks so much for your comment! I know, when I straighten my hair it takes like 3 hours too, plus it never stays haha. Thanks again!

WrittenEmotions replied...
May 21, 2012 at 8:49 pm :
You're welcome! Please look at some of my new work and comment on it(: I'd appreciate it a whole lot since I haven't been in here in like two months(: