I Am Who I Am

What are you saying? I can’t be not me!
Really, truly, there’s no one else I can be

I can change my clothes or even my name
But don’t you see? I’ll always be the same

You can tell other what to do, that’s fine
But honestly, I don’t need to fit your design

I’ll always love music- silly’s the best
Even if it’s “uncool”, I’ll still ace my tests

I always love to sing as loud as I can
I suppose, when I’m famous, you’ll just be a fan

I’ll get those electric blue streaks if I want
And I’m a vegetarian- go ahead and taunt

Who gets ahead- the miniskirts or the brains?
That’s what I thought- now I’m not so lame

Really, I can’t help it, I am who I am
Think about it- I’m not one you can scam

I’m a dreamer at heart, I’ll be what I decide
Sorry, your dream of ruining my life just died

AsIAmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This isn't my favorite thing you've done, but not because it isn't good. The tone just seems to be a little overly cheerful. If you wanted it to sound "peppy" this is perfect, but if that's not what you were going for, maybe trying a more complicated rhyme scheme would help. It is very good though - the only actual flaw is the typo - "other" should be "others".

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So cool~ I actually think that this is a good start for song lyrics. The poem is straight to the point---no matter what you will always be you! I especially like the last two lines~ Great poem!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 3:54 pm :
Hey if you don't mind, could you please comment on my Art of the Muses page please?

JustAnotherOwlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:40 pm :
Thank you! (: I will check out your piece right now!

Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:43 pm :
Thanks so much!! Although you already did in the forums...

Meaghan_Elise said...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 7:23 am:
This is absolutel amazing!(: I LOVE IT!<3 If it's alright with you, can I post the link to this on my Facebook?(: I really like it, and more people should read it

ritabelle511 said...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 2:23 pm:
I love this! It's the ultimate "You can't change who I am" poem - it's wonderfully written. Almost has a sarcastic edge to it - which is awesome!

Jul. 7, 2011 at 3:18 pm :
I'm actually a very sarcastic person, which surprises some people because I'm usually really sweet to everyone! Anyway, thank you for all the comments! (:

CarolynQThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17, 2011 at 6:40 pm:
Unique as you are. And you're absolutely right you never need to fit someone else's design... that was my abs. fav line btw. haha perfect.

Jun. 21, 2011 at 8:13 am :
Thank you! (: Feedback is greatly appreciated!

HaleyDRog. said...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 10:04 pm:
I absolutely love the way you write. You have a way of saying so much in just a few stanzas. Great job!

Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
Thank you! Aw, you always leave such sweet comments! Thanks for taking the time and looking at ALL of my work! I really appreciate it.

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27, 2011 at 4:39 pm:
I really liked this poem and it had a strong message. Good job!