I will get down on my knees, and I will pray | Teen Ink

I will get down on my knees, and I will pray

Free my soul, let the birds fly above the ground, let the chicken feed from your hand, and let the sun light come in, don’t block it from your face, and I will pray for forgiveness and to have you back in my arms again.
See I never intended it to go this way, I thought we had it all and I guess I was wrong,
So I will get down on my knees and I will pray for all the cold and hungry children, and for all the woman without a home and where they are going to put their baby, and my oh my,
I’m going to pray for you, cause even though I never met you, I hear your name on the news said something, so oh oh oh, I’ll pray for you.
I will get down on my knees, and I will pray,
I’ll pray for all those girls with out any hope,
For all those Daddy’s put up on a pedastal and for all those men and woman who lost their lives due to the damage I read about in the book, and I’ll pray for every one, and I’ll say to the man who has no voice, reach out and you're going to go somewhere.
I will get down on my knees and I will pray, that kindness blesses this world, that all the wars stop, and that the war against my self will end, without me ending it first, and I may be small I know, but I am myself, and I will pray for all those people who don’t know that they can be themself and be loved for that.
And I will pray.
I will get down on my knees and I will pray, that every one get’s their say, and that the woman who cannot see will feel with all her heart, and for the man that lost his hands, may you fill the world with your heart, and for the child who lost his voice, may you search for it forever, until you find it in my song, and let you sing out, sing it out, loud, sing it out.
I will get down on my knees and I will pray.