Recollections Withdrawn From a Tear Stained Memory.

I thought you were my friend
So I gave you the sun.
You took the flames
And burned my soul.

I thought you were my friend
So I gave you the ocean.
You took the salt
And sprinkled it in my wounds.

I thought you were my friend
So I gave you the wind.
You took the frigid gales
And extinguished my spirit.

I thought you were my friend
So I gave you my broken heart.
You took the two halves
And broke it once more.

ExpRESsY0uRselF said...
Jun. 12, 2011 at 8:02 pm:
I just wanted to say if anyone has anything they want me to check out, please let me know. :) I really appreciate all of your feedback, and would like to give you some if you want it.

RhythmAndRhyme replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:58 am :
That would be amazing if you looked at some of mine. I only have a few, but I figure since you seem to be a very talented writer you could give me some much-needed feedback. Thanks!! :)))

HorseLover said...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 6:59 am:
I really like this poem, but I do have a word of caution. If you want to potentially rekindle this friendship, you might not want to post the fact that this poem is about your fight with your friends when the poem makes it seem like they were at fault (I don't really know who was at fault, because I don't know what happened, but just saying).

ExpRESsY0uRselF replied...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 7:19 pm :
Thanks for your advice, but my friendand I actually made up after she read this poem. She had no idea how I felt. We are now great friends! But thank you anyways!

HorseLover replied...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:20 am :
Oh. Well, that's good. Just make sure that you know when it could hurt a relationship to put something online. Great poem!

ExpRESsY0uRselF replied...
Jun. 15, 2011 at 2:52 pm :
THANKS! (for the advice, AND the comment)n :}

midniteprowlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 6, 2011 at 3:37 pm:

wow!!!! about a month ago, i had become friends with someone. We used to come to my house and babysit my sister over(starting last summer). Then something big came up that has effected our friendship. 

....We had the best of times, the worst of times. We got along...we were like friends for life. I felt like I could tell her almost anything and express how i felt about things. Same vice versa.....then when after this situation came up, I heard stories of how she has ... (more »)

ExpRESsY0uRselF replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 7:51 pm :
Wowww...you basically just described almost perfectly what happened to me! :) It's nice to know that I'm not the only one thats the victim of backstabbing friends.

Stpaulian said...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 7:39 pm:
That was really well written. When I'm angry or hurt I can never find the right words to what I'm feeling, so this is defiently something I appreciate.

ExpRESsY0uRselF replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 7:50 pm :

Thank you for all the encouragement! ;)

ExpRESsY0uRselF said...
May 1, 2011 at 11:45 am:

Whoever reads this, please please please comment on it! I need all the feedback I can get. Thank you so much! 8)

~Caitlin

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow,  that was so good  depth is the most important element of peotry to me  and this certainly had it   great work

ExpRESsY0uRselF replied...
May 1, 2011 at 11:40 am :
Thanks...my friends all backstabbed me at school the day I wrote this. I was pretty proud of myself when I was able to channel my emotions, and pour all my anger and sorrow into writing instead of yelling at my friends over the phone and making the situation worse. Once again, thanks for all your support and I really appreciate this. 8)

bbeast replied...
May 2, 2011 at 4:10 pm :

Poetry is definitely the best release that I have found. I know when I slack off of my writing, and I get really upset, I say things that I really regret.

But this piece was totally awesome. One that I know I, and many others can relate to. Thanks for sharing.

ExpRESsY0uRselF replied...
May 3, 2011 at 3:55 pm :
Thanks so much bbeast! 8)

bieberl0ve15 replied...
May 7, 2011 at 3:33 pm :
Wow. All I can say is wow. So creative! I would really appreciate it if you checked out my pieces called Smile, If Only, and Untitled. Again, great work!