LIGHT | Teen Ink

LIGHT

March 24, 2011
By bvargas BRONZE, Milmay, New Jersey
bvargas BRONZE, Milmay, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I’m a fighter, like a flame from a lighter; whatever the flame touches it burns with fire, so I only get brighter. It’s dark in me, but the mightiness is the white, tied in my heart, and it expands even tighter. Every trial I go through, the mightiness gets whiter. I have the heart of a lion and the eyes of a tiger, that’s why I’m still standin’, the real Branden, behind the curtain in my soul is a cannon. The old me I abandon. I’m just a complicated man; my mind: can you figure out and understand the paths, roadways I’ve passed. Go forward, don’t look at my past, took time wasn’t fast, now first, no more last, all the pain that was stuck to me like lint. My mind is a maze trying to walk in it and figure it out. I give no directions or hints; it has many paths. It looks just like your fingerprint. I’m real smooth, never bent; all this time I’ve spent, buildin’ over me this protective tent.

The author's comments:
trials n tribulations in my life, overcoming struggles and gaining a protective shield of self as i gained stregnth in the struggle...i hope that people are able to use this as inspiration to continue to stay strong in whatever it is they are going through and overcome it with the strength within.