The Road of Love | Teen Ink

The Road of Love

By Jon.W PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas
Jon.W PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas

"What are men but ghost in empty shells if they do not follow their hearts and ambitions."

The road of love,I have traveled many times,It is not smooth,For there are many,Cracks, bumps,And potholes,On the road of love. I've been traveling,On that road,As long as I can remember,And a lot of times,When I thought,I was going the right way,And everything was going,Great in my relationships,There would suddenly appear,A long gaping hole,Which would,Separate me from,The one I loved,And cared about. The road of love,Is not easy,It is full of trials,And pain and each time,My heart would break,I would gain insight,And another path would,Branch of,The road of love,Which I would take. I never dreamed,Or did I ever know,That the very road,Which caused me,So much pain,Would eventually,Lead me to,Your loving embrace,And your passionate kiss. And though I've beenThrough alot,I see now,As I look,Into your beautiful eyes,And you look,Back at me,I think about,That hard journey,I took on the,Old old road of love,Which was not in vain,But rather worth,All the trouble,I went through,For that very road,Led me to you,And I'll always,Cherish every moment,I spend with you,And it's all thanks too,That dusty, old,Road of love.