If I Had My Life To Live Over | Teen Ink

If I Had My Life To Live Over

By Sierra Barnhill BRONZE, Williamsburg, Kentucky
Sierra Barnhill BRONZE, Williamsburg, Kentucky

If I had my life to live over…
I would think less, and laugh more.

I wouldn’t use aimless excuses for the wrong that I’ve done, lonely doesn’t justify the hurt I caused.

I would have let go of the meaningless worries and paranoia’s. I would’ve held onto to our love a whole lot stronger.

I wouldn’t base my opinions on appearances and rumors. I’d try to be less judgmental. I’d give people the benefit of a doubt.

I would learn to shoulder the consequences, and learn to take the loss in simpler ways.

I would fight the tears, because it only made things harder for me this time around.

I would’ve put my heart into more meaningful things, I would still put it in your hands, however.

I wouldn’t have looked at everything so negatively, I would’ve went boldly into the unknown.

I would love without bounds, because I know that it’s better than hating with limitations.

If I had my life to live over, I wouldn’t feel guilty, because I wouldn’t have a single regret, there would be no remorse for I would live the way that I see as fit.

I would’ve been more carefree, less prepared, less serious, less conservative.

I wouldn’t have hurt the person who means the most to me, with inexcusable matters, things that never even mattered to me.

I wouldn’t let the name Sayers get to me, I would look at the bigger picture, everything isn’t always perfect. The beauty isn’t necessarily in the details.

I would’ve said I love you ten times more, you’d believe me this time. I wouldn’t give you a reason to doubt me. I would change things for us.

I would’ve shared how I felt more often, instead of acting like I was fine all the time.

I would refuse to pretend that I don’t love you anymore, because with all my heart, more than anything I do.

I would cry less, and talk more. Well more than usual anyway.

I wouldn’t let things come between my dreams being my reality, I’d make sure it was everything I could asked for, and so much more.

I would mean every word I say, and not hold a single word back.

If I had my life to live over, I would change many things. Personal mistakes, or chances I ignored. I’d love the right way, hold on a little tighter, and believe that I was right where I was supposed to be a whole lot more.

If I had my life to live over, I see both sides, my mistakes and my triumphs. But truly it made me who I am, a train wreck perhaps, but in ways I wouldn’t change much, just one particular instance.

A particular moment, when I threw my world away.
If I had my life to live over I would not do it exactly the same way.