The Girl Inside.

She is their doll
Their slave.
She is a mirror image of their motions
And follows them around like a hungry dog.
She hides under her thick mask of makeup and forced smiles.
But it is the girl inside
That was once my true best friend.
Now she’s at the other end of the cafeteria
Sitting beside the queen of the kingdom.
A cruel-hearted witch in designer’s clothing.
I on the other hand
Live in the land of the wandering minstrels and scholars
Our noses forever buried in books
Our premises overflowing with laughter.
But
I can see that look of longing when she spots me giggling along
To something that I actually find funny.
I can see that gleam of regret
When she notices how at ease we are at our lunch table.
And I can see that blush of shame
When we lock eyes for a quick moment.
Even though I don’t forgive the girl who snickers at me in the halls
I forgive the girl inside.

bieberl0ve15 said...
Apr. 25, 2011 at 11:02 am:
5 stars :) great work..so easy to relate to!

ExpRESsY0uRselFThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 5:47 pm :
Thank you so much! Also, thanks for all the support and checking out my work. 8) I looked at your asthma piece, and it was amazing! I still have to comment on it!

bieberl0ve15 replied...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 9:56 pm :
You are so welcome! And anytime:) thanks for reading my poem..take your time with a comment, anything is appreciated :)

LexieBooRoman said...
This Poem Has So Much to Realese this is the Greatest fear for best friends when they come to Junior High.. One will survive while the other sinks in to the truth

Apr. 20, 2011 at 3:05 pm :
Thanks, I'm actually in Junior High right now. 8)

alwaysbrokenhearted said...
this poem has so much in it. and it's something that happens so much in real life. GREAT JOB!!!

Apr. 18, 2011 at 4:04 pm :
Thanks, I  really appreciate it.  This thing actually happened to me, but I guess it was a good thing, because this poem came out of it. 8) Again, thanks so much, alwaysbrokenhearted. 8)

CoolFoxxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 9:26 am:
Excellent poem, liked it.  I have a lot of friends, (girls included).  Most of them tell me about drama or how their life sucks.  Even the "drama queen" of my school tells me about stuff she regrets.  This poem is a tru portrayal of life...

Apr. 18, 2011 at 3:56 pm :
Thank you so much CoolFoxx, I have a lot of drama queen friends too. 8)

Katniss1213 said...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 8:56 am:
I've had this happen, and it sucks. I can't believe how well you put the event into words! Great job; five stars.

Apr. 18, 2011 at 3:55 pm :
Thank you so much! Also, I loove your screen name! Hunger Game fan too!!!!

Raindance1213 replied...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 5:52 pm :

Thanks! I <3 the Hunger Games, and Katniss is so awesome!!!!!!

(I changed my screen name cuz of a mood change, not cuz I suddenly dislike Katniss.)

Brooke_Carter21 said...
I can completely relate to this poem. So...SOOOOO good! Honestly, this is the best poem I have read in a while. This poem really touches me. 

Apr. 18, 2011 at 3:54 pm :
Thanks so much! 8)

Lonleydandy said...
I like it!

Apr. 17, 2011 at 4:32 pm :
Thanks so much Lonelydandy, it means a lot. 8)

ExpRESsY0uRselFThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey guys, thanks for checking out my poem, but please please please comment and rate it while you're here. Thanks so much!

H0peF1ames said...
This is a very touching and deep poem. I like the last two verses.

Apr. 16, 2011 at 5:43 pm :
Thanks, I really worked hard to make those two last lines perfect! 8)

Jun. 16, 2011 at 2:24 pm :
Thank you, sorry for the really late reply. I really appreciate it!