Hope*

I open my eyes to find more darkness
Hearing nothing besides the sound of my breath
Ceiling and walls encase me
Fear builds up inside me
I thrash around
Hoping that the walls would budge
But they only seem to close in on me more
My heart races as I desperately cry out
Knowing nothing could hear me

My fear turns into hopelessness
I begin to cry
I cry until I run out of tears
Then I calm down
I start to think about the walls
Not as an enemy, but as fact

As I think
Rays of light start to shine
Through the walls
That surrounds me
I start to feel relief
As the light swallowed the darkness
See the outside world
The clouds first with the crisp blue sky behind them.

ThornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

That was truly gorgeous. The only thing I would suggest is some punctuation to make it flow better.

-Thorn :)

Regs_the_Shorty said...
Love it!!!!

MagicMan2011 replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm :
Thank you  

cowgirl4everThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I can really relate to that, and I always enjoy poems that have hope at the end. Nice ending, and well-written!

MagicMan2011 replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm :
Thanks I really apreciate it. This was my first good piece that i have written i think. It really got me interested in writing.

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love how you ended this. I was hoping for a happy ending! haha. good job!

MagicMan2011 replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:29 pm :
Thanks and it is the ending to this is the first sentence in my other piece "In a Dream:Befor" which was the first thing I published on here. I was thinking about making them a trilogy and fixing them up but so far I havnt gotten around to it.

ohheyyyelli said...
Agree with the flow, but if you read it a couple of times, you can pick up a unique sort of flow. The writing was beautiful though!

AlaskaFrostThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this poem! I like how you describe your feelings, and just in general, I think it's a beautiful poem. I agree with Little-miss-mistakes that you might want to add some punctuation, but other than that, it's very well written!

MagicMan2011 replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:31 pm :
This is one of my earlier poems. The best Ive written is Puck Farm. Thanks everyone for your reviews.

JerseyGirl716 replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:04 pm :
I loved it, but agree with everyone else about the flow being off. If this was one of your earlier poems, you were off to a great start!

Raytheraym said...
This is really good! :)

musicispassion said...
beautiful poem i love it i really like the last stanza

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Although the flow of the poem was choppy , the poem is beautiful. Keep writing!

little-miss-mistakes said...
this is really good!!! i especially like the end stanza and he first one, and the second one..... I like all of them!! One thing, try adding some punctuation, not every line but a little bit would help with the flow