Favorite Color | Teen Ink

Favorite Color

March 12, 2011
By Anonymous

FAVORITE COLOR


You may be the only one in my life that I despise but I still want to know you favorite color. Is it blue the color you look great in? OR is it grey. The color you’re so kind to me in? Is it white which is the color of your skin or the color of my face when you embarrassed me in front of the whole world? I don’t know why I’m trying to guess your favorite when you don’t even care.

Maybe my curiosity overwhelms my disgust of your face. OR maybe I just can’t stand not knowing what I’ve been trying to figure out for the longest time, your favorite color. You, the person’s name I can’t even say without being nauseous. The person who every time someone brings you up I want to just get up and leave the room. It saddens me while writing this because I even have to figure out your favorite color myself. Why, why did it have to be that way? Why would I have to beg this kind of information out of you? But yet, I can’t stop thinking about you. Your smile, your laugh, and your sarcasm, all of this makes me so much more curious.

Don’t judge me and don’t even think of laughing because I’m actually trying to tell you how I feel. I still want to know you favorite color. Is it purple, the only color that I love more than apple juice? Why would I want to guess YOUR stupid favorite color? Maybe because it kills me inside not knowing what your favorite color is. It’s scratching at my core and I feel like I’m bleeding eternally. And now I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t even care. Don’t worry I’ll figure it out someday. Just maybe I’m to IN LOVE to figure it out. Funny thing is I bet you don’t even know my favorite color. Oh, what’s the use? All that’s going to happen is someone’s going to get mad and we’re all going to argue like always. But just like me, you’re too clueless to see how much you don’t pay attention to what’s good for you.


The author's comments:
It's just how i felt one day about a certain person