Die Everyday

Death by,

Car,
Airplane,

Swimming,

Walking,

Eating,

You die every day,

But you live,

So live.

KaonKiroko said...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:30 am
Really like what you did here. You've put together a short and sweet reminder that we can't spend our lives afraid to live. Great piece, thank you for posting this =)

LovelyMiss This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:14 am
on wow that was amazing i loved the meaning to it:) anything can kill us so just live cause your alive:) amazing:)!!

dontforget This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 14, 2011 at 8:17 am
I really like this one!! It captures the idea that so many people don't take chances, or even really live until it's too late. It reminds me of a song we're singing in choir, The Rose. Specifically a line "It's the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live." Very deep piece! :]

TheSweetNerd said...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:16 am
Yeah, its really strange how anything can kill us, anything, yet we continue to live everday. Nice poem, very modern.

Dominicano_Loco said...
interesting. It reminds me of the song "Live like we're dying". we dont know how, when, or why, but we know the 1 unescapable truth. i like your style of free verse. :)