Nail Files Do Not Break You Out of Jail | Teen Ink

Nail Files Do Not Break You Out of Jail

By nomvegannom BRONZE, Schuylerville, New York
nomvegannom BRONZE, Schuylerville, New York

“The dreams we are chasing and the reality that is chasing us are always parallel; they never meet.”- Ai Yazawa

You no longer hold me here.
The chains you tied me down with have all rusted and blown away with the wind that brought you here. Your words are no longer powerful, because I know they are all regurgitated lies you have come accustomed to using over the times.
Dust has collected on the frame of you and me that we found appealing so long ago.
Your paradise is a broken world of shattered dreams which I can no longer reside in.
I was blind on drunken love and you were intoxicated with the sense of longing.
We were on top of the world when it came crashing down and left everybody fractured.
Our hearts slowly split in two leaving us rendered and hopeless.
We were looking for a home in an overpopulated world.
To fit in,
To be loved.
That’s all we wanted.
That’s all we lived for.
The promising lives of the youth was a joke. The world had no future, only the fall of great expectations. The disintegration of hope and the designation of many to lead.
We always said we would do a good job. We wanted to succeed so badly it created our peril of sleepless nights and never ending strain of trying to be something we weren’t.
Without you here, I am free.
I no longer have to rule a life of discontented love and wanting.
You no longer hold me here.

AddyE.Z. BRONZE, Myerstown, Pennsylvania

"...you'll do less damage."
"I'll damage you if you don't shut up!"
-Sabine Wren and Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)

I love this poem! Especially the lines... "Our hears slowly split in two leaving us rendered and hopeless. We were looking for a home in an overpopulated world. To fit in, to be loved That's all we wantedd That's all we lived for" God blessed you with great talents, keep writing! -AddyEZ