What you left behind. | Teen Ink

What you left behind.

March 7, 2011
By Amber-liz BRONZE, Wappingers Falls, New York
Amber-liz BRONZE, Wappingers Falls, New York
3 articles 9 photos 0 comments

What did you leave behind ?

Of course you know you left behind the love of your family, you left the great childhood memories and stories.

But you also left behind wonder,
The wonder of what you knew, the wonder of happiness.

Did you know?
Did you know what was truh and what were lies?

Were you able to see right through me and know the truth? How I really felt.

Were you happy?
Not just okay ,
but truly,truly happy?

As much as I will always hope you could see through my stupidity, and know I had loved you with all I had, always?
But however much I hope,
I guess I will never know what you truly knew.
And how you honestly felt, and now that I've opened my eyes it's too late to take back any hurt. Or to point out and good.
But,
It's never too late to hope and to wish.

I miss you and I love you, I'm so sorry.

The author's comments:
I had written this after my (step) grandfather had passed away.
He was a great man who no one truly understood but was always loved for who he was seiner it was his grouch side or his great caring side.
He was the true proof to show you didn't have to be blood to be family.
For many years my grandmother had told him lies about me and he hadn't known till the night before he had passed and I never was able to appoligise for stupid things I pulled or just simply not saying thank you as much as I should have. And all I want is for him to know I always loved him and could neve express how dearly missed he is.