That Frosty Feelin' | Teen Ink

That Frosty Feelin'

February 15, 2011
By Loganatmo BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Loganatmo BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Snow days in Texas are like the snowflakes themselves, unique and special.
They come around once every couple years, and they take your breath away.
Sometimes they come in a cluster, others only one day all year.
It brings out the kid in even the grumpiest of us all, and makes us smile.
Sledding down a hill, with a 7 year old, or throwing a snowball at a grandpa.
The snow makes everything brighter, the nights, the days, the hearts and souls.
The roads are icy and the schools are closed, but a fire pit is usually open.
The burn of fingers going numb, or the tingling of toes in a warm bath.
A scarf, gloves, extra shirts and pants are some side effects of a snow day.
Socks are loved more and more as the snow falls harder and the wind howls louder.
Cheeks turn red and breath becomes visible, while shorts and flip-flops disappear.
Coffee and hot chocolate are appreciated much more, and books become best friends.
Smelly dogs become cuddly bed buddies and bed heaters are never too hot.
Seeing your school scrolling across the T.V. is the biggest news you’ve ever seen.
The only thing better than a snow day in Texas is knowing that you don’t have to go to
school the next day…



Because it’s a Snow Day in Texas too.