My Hero Has Zero Ego!

When love comes, it doesn’t knock on a door
It walks right in, unexpectedly... And leaves no wonder or questions to ask anymore...
And when it decides to disappear, it leaves me broken dead, leaves my soul sore
You promised we will fly together in love, but I never left the floor
You lied; yes, I am blaming you... From now on, to your lies I am keeping a score!
Words with no actions, but verbs with echoes! Because my heart, you had, held, and tore!
“As if we were the only ones on an island”... but I stand alone as sand on a shore!
How am I supposed to forget you when you’re my inner core!!
Walking away, leaving nothing but your shadow...
You’re still a part of me... Although you left for what feels to be years ago!
I was your shining star, well now I no longer glow!
Wasn’t I your soul mate? And now I am the one you’d throw!
Our love was our own written fairy tale, except it didn’t go by the scenario
You’re alive... I am dead... You win I lose, Bravo!!

writingchick This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I loved the first couple lines! That Could have made a great poem by itself! It was a great hook! Good job. Check out my work??

Thanks and keep it up (:

Shahed replied...
Thank you so much! These are one of my favorite lines in this poem as well! :) Yes, I sure will check your work soon! Thank you again!

OriginalCarbonation said...

i completly relate to this, very well written. i love the line "but i never left the floor" and "walking away, leaving nothing but your shadow"

i like how unique your writting is. however the one thing that seems to put me off is the use of punctuation. i think maybe different punctuation might be better in certain places. for instance your usage of "..." is a little odd to me. then again it does lend a certain feeling and off beat rythme to the words so you may have done tha... (more »)

OriginalCarbonation replied...
sorry it posted my words twice, i dont know why it does that! one typo i just caught thats important is "rythm" not "rythme" lol that doesnt makes sense. sorry! im such a sloppy typer

Shahed replied...

I saw the comment and I said wow this is long! but yea that happens its ok.

The usage of ".." indicates quotes said by the person this poem was written to, it's not unusual to quote phrases in a poem, it's just not common maybe.

Thank you for your comment I appricate it, and you!

ckycky22 said...
May 3, 2011 at 9:11 am
your enthusiasm amazes me, very inspiring work, i think your writings are my muse :D

Shahed replied...
My pleasure! Thank you so much for such amazing supporting comment! I let my heart take control when I write, and obviously it has reached yours!