Mother May I Play With Madness

Mother may I play with madness
Life seems so mundane
It seems I'm trapped by expectations
I think I'd like to be insane

All around me is convention
And desperate normalcy
At times it feels theres no one
Who feels the same as me

Somehow I think its better
To be hopelessly confused
Than be a slave to regulation
With an imagination never used

If this is all we're liveing for
Then why are we still here?
I know we have a purpose
I pray that mine is near

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 4:26 pm:
Ha! Great job!!!

kag1787This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 20, 2011 at 7:59 pm:
i loved this a lot, you beautifully crafted this poem and i really enjoyed reading it. it's poems like need to be in TeenInk magazine! =)

EllieGrace replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 3:23 pm :
Thank you so much(: As for the magazine thing, It makes me nervous just posting it on here.

kag1787This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 6:29 pm :
oh my goodness same here! haha but at least we're getting stuff out there, right? xD

EllieGrace replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 8:13 pm :
mhmmm(: MY ENGLISH TEACHER HAD TO FORCE ME TO SUBMIT SOMETHING. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, MY PHONE IS BEING INSANE :O

hanging_girl_666 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:36 pm:
Im new to teenink to and its taking forever!!!!! Im so eager to have my writing out there. Can anyone narrow down how long it takes?

HasntWrittenInAgesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:59 pm :
depends....you`re lookin at maybe a month, or less.

EllieGrace replied...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 7:33 pm :
Poetry takes forever, opinion and hot topics take up to a week.

justanotherteenwriter replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:48 pm :
my very first posts took 3 weeks and i posted three at one time. so i think it just depends on how many you post at one time.

hanging_girl_666 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 10:47 am :
Thanks for telling me then! I was getting inpatient! hehe.

MissyLafae said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm:
that is really true :)

EllieGrace replied...
Apr. 20, 2011 at 3:08 pm :
I'm glad you can relate <3

YankeeSwagg said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 10:07 am:
beautifully written (:

EllieGrace replied...
Apr. 20, 2011 at 3:09 pm :
why thank you dear <3

LiveInTheMoment said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:10 am:
This was such a beautiful poem! I loved it, and I could tell there's a lot of feeling and emotion behind it. I'm a new member of teenink, and I submitted a few poems to the editor probably a week ago. How long does it usually take for an article to earn approval? If you could reply that would be great because I'm starting to think that they don't want my poems on the site because they're bad! 8) Anyways, loved your poem, and continue writing!

EllieGrace replied...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:08 pm :
They absolutely want your poems! I was starting to think the same thing tho, mine took almost a month to be accepted. Poetry takes the longest, my other articles only took a few days.

LiveInTheMoment replied...
Mar. 20, 2011 at 1:34 pm :
Thanks so much for telling me! Wow, a month? Okay, I'll enter some new articles that aren't poems. Again, I appreciate it! 8)

EllieGrace replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 5:03 pm :
Of course <3

Mar. 18, 2011 at 4:39 pm:
Amazing. I just tagged it to my favorites!!! My gosh such an astounding poem. Is it just me that when you're looking througg this site that you'll see other peoples poems and you think, " If only i could of thought of something like that, or created something as amazing." <??> Well, this has brung me to that . :)

EllieGrace replied...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 8:57 pm :
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that.

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_o0b9r1i7ktm6fvjm8skui2ofh5, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0