Storm

The sky growled thunder, spit lightning, and cried for fire. A spark flashed and the tree was blown to shreds as the lightning struck. The fire caught and smeared hot flames over the small woods, erupting chaos as lives fled. By morning this would be a charred wasteland. But for now, the sky growled thunder, spit lightning, and cried for more fire.

CarrieAnn13 said...
This is a great descriptive paragraph, but I think it could have been expanded on a bit.  If you're going to write short, descriptive pieces, why don't you branch out into poetry?

musicispassion said...
i love it and I agree with qui133 it great one thing though if it's a poem u should put it in poem format but it's not my writing so u don't have to take my advice good job:P

qui133 said...
short and to the point--nature has a dangeroue beauty to it, yes?

MidnightFireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yes i beileave so :) my mom says i'm a poet but i know pretty much nothing about it

musicispassion replied...
is there a definition to being a poet?

Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:51 am
no i dont think so ... but i still don't know anything about poety format :)

qui133 replied...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:57 am
truth in structure, structure in truth. the more free you are, the better, i say. and say, where did all these people come from?when i posted i was the only one--i love to see a good writer getting recognition! :)

i posted in the form that it seems like people rarely comment and rate on others work so a few people said they would comment and rate some of my work if i did it to theirs ... its my first time doing that so i guess thats why its only now that so many people are commenting

qui133 replied...
smart! :D