ONLY time can tell

The way that he looks at me when I sleep, his beautiful eyes piercing my heart. His wonderful smell filling my nose, just sitting in his arms completes my world. Night after night I cuddle under his grip and night after night I feel as though my life couldn't obtain anymore joy. Then that dreadful night approaches and without warning my heart is broken into pieces. Sadness and depression fall over me as though a black veil has been pulled across my eyes. But as I slowly pull that veil back away from my eyes I realize that most of the conflict could have been resolved. Now I'm stuck with this constant reminder that I have thrown all of my happiness away. Only time can tell whether I will be happy again. Then when I least expect it, my life turns around and it seems as though I have found an even better guy to be with. One that I know I can trust for he has been through the same dealings and heart breaks that I have endured. You never know how happy one another can make you until you find them. Only time can tell.