Father Daughter Dance Song

My daddy was my hero
For my very youngest years;
Daddy kept me safe and happy,
And he chased away my fears.
I watched in awe and wonder
At each manly thing he did;
Oh, I looked up to my daddy,
When I was a little kid.

My dad was still my hero,
As the years passed, one by one.
He taught important lessons,
And he took some time for fun.
He was my firm foundation;
On my dad I did depend;
He was always there for me,
My dad, my guide, my friend.

My father is my hero,
Now that I am fully-grown.
I love him and respect him,
The best man I've ever known.
I knew when I would marry
That my husband had to be
A great man, just like my father,
Dad, my hero you'll always be.

CaseyDawn said...
This is really good!:) Keep writing poetry! You have a real talent!

MermaidmissyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 4:58 pm :
Hey thank you so much for liking my poem, and I hope you like the others as well. And I'll keep on looking for some more of your stuff to. Thank You! :)

MermaidmissyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Do you have anything you want me to read and vote for. I be happy to if you like. Oh and see if you like my book so far, I'm going to publish it soon.

Sept. 22, 2011 at 9:21 am:
Thank you so much fo reading my poem that made me so happy to hear. I have other poems to if you want to read some more as well. Thank You!! :)

LiederMadchenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is wonderful! My feelings for my dad have never changed, either, so this poem is perfect. :)

Jan. 24, 2012 at 9:27 am :
Hey do you have anything on your stuff yet? I would so love to read them soon. Thanks! :)

Kiba1 said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 5:46 pm:

I realy enjoyed it... i never want to be like my father, he is a druggie, and a pothead... and and alchie... and a murderer... will you check out some of my stuff?

Mar. 17, 2011 at 10:05 am :
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you feel better soon. And i'll pray hard so he won't be like that any more. And i'm so happy you really like my poem. Thank You!! :)

kelbyrom said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 8:27 pm:
this is amazing!!! i love it!

Jan. 24, 2012 at 9:26 am :
Have you got anything on your stuff yet? I would so love to read them and soon to. :)

TheSweetNerd said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 9:29 am:
You seem to write about your dad alot, which is a great thing to have, great poem, I love it. Its really cool how you move through the years but still feel the same.

Apr. 29, 2011 at 9:29 am :
Thank you so much!! And yes i do feel the same about my dad every day of my life. He's my hero and my superman to me. :) 

l.iney said...
Mar. 12, 2011 at 6:58 am:

amazing as all of your work is and the message is something i can completely relate to my dad is my hero.

ps i have a few more thigns posted check em' out

Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:18 pm :
Yes, I'm going to check out your work tomorrow and let you know what I think for sure. Dont worry k. Oh ya I hope you like my other work as well. Thanks! :)

Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:32 am :
If you would like to read some more of poems and my book as well, your more than welcome too. Thanks! :)

Love.is.Bleeding.in.my.Hands.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 12:11 pm:
good job!!!

Mar. 11, 2011 at 2:37 pm :
Thank you so much for reading my poem. And I hope you may like the others maybe. Thanks!!! :)

Love.is.Bleeding.in.my.Hands.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 4:32 pm :
you're welcome!

nikkigonefishinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 12:02 am:
I absolutely love it I feel the same way about my dad. He is my hero. Keep writing :)

Mar. 11, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
Thank you so much for reading my poem it really means a whole lot to me. :)