Underneath That Mask. | Teen Ink

Underneath That Mask.

February 15, 2011
By Anonymous

People come to me and share a problem here, a problem there.
I try my best to help them through, but can't they see I'm dying too?
A smile for her and a hug for him but it's my own battle that I cannot win.
Underneath this encouraging mask lies a girl that's completely trapped.
People know if they need help, I'm only a phone call away,
But when I'm on the edge and needing help, no-one's there to save the day.
I cry so hard sometimes it is a battle to survive, and i make myself bleed usually just to know that I'm alive.
Sometimes it gets to the point where i just feel numb, I know no matter how hard i wish, no-one's going to come.
It feels like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders and I just can't seem to move forward.
And it's not that I bottle up my feelings, you see...no-one is there to listen to me.
When darkness comes and I close my eyes, that's when my troubles seem to rise.
My haunting thoughts are trapped in my head, I'm starting to think I'd be better off dead.
But enough about me and more about you, I'll leave you with this, it can haunt you too.
The next time you offload onto someone who knows you, just think, are they suffering, do they need some help too?