Stop Telling Me | Teen Ink

Stop Telling Me

Stop telling me that I am your little angel.

Stop telling me that no matter what I am special.

Stop telling me all the garbage simply because, I know that at the end of the day, you won't be at my door step waiting for me to come home and help me with my homework and then after dinner tuck me into bed.

You act as if you are the only thing that matters, but in reality, your a poor excuse.

Just tell me, tell me what you want because I'm not a little girl anymore. I know that you had other priorities that were more important than me okay, I get that.

But I can't have you run into my life and then disappear into the night as if nothing happened. I want you to tell me the truth and that you were wrong. Tell me that every night that I cried for you that you were off in another state with another family trying to play the same role that you tried to play with me just a blink of an eye ago.

But you can't tell that to me and why not? I can handle it now okay? I'm not a baby now and I know that you left us with no one to help my mom and I know that is the past so stop making it feel like it is just de ja vu.

If you want to be in my life Daddy then be stop dipping your feet into the side of the pool. I'm at the ten ft. line while you are still dippin' in and out of the pool.

Just plunge into my life Daddy, tell me that you did wrong and that you are going to try and fix it. Stop telling me that you would take a bullet for me but then the second the trigger is pulled, you're no where to be found.

This piece is really the beginning of my realization with my relationship with my father.